Delegates from VISIT FLORIDA (Photo by Caitlin Wickham)
VISIT FLORIDA® and Partners proudly hosted a lively media cocktail event entitled ‘SUNsets and Surprises: Expect the Unexpected’ on February 26th, 2014 at The Windsor Arms Hotel in Toronto.
75+ media, Partners and guests attended for a total of 101 attendees who sipped, mingled and savoured our signature Floridian beverage – “Kiss of Sunshine” and epicurean delights at The Windsor Arms, while the interviews unfolded.
Tracy Vaughan – Director for International Sales and Marketing, VISIT FLORIDA was on hand to welcome guests. Lily Etemadi – Marketing and Event Planner VISIT FLORIDA coordinated the media reception with the VISIT FLORIDA Canada’s office. Partners who visited Toronto for the media event were:
- Discover Daytona Beach
- Experience Kissimmee
- Florida’s Space Coast
- Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB
- Hayworth Creative (Discover The Palm Beaches, Visit Tampa Bay, Mainsail – Epicurean/Beach Inn, Inn on Fifth, Amelia Island CVB, TradeWinds Island Resorts, Plantation on Crystal River)
- SeaWorld Parks/Busch Gardens/Discover Cove
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando Hotel
- St. Augustine, Pointe Vedra & The Beaches
- The Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel
- The Walt Disney Company
- Visit Orlando
- Visit Sarasota County
- Visit St. Petersburg/Clearwater
Partner representatives from Florida were interviewed by Dave Lapsley who has spent the last two years travelling the world hosting ‘Live Here Buy This‘ on HGTV Canada.
Media were updated on What’s New in Florida for 2014 and unique story opportunities for Florida.
The following links to the images from the VISIT FLORIDA media cocktail event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/95738690@N06/